If you are suffering from itchy and dry skin, you will definitely start taking an oatmeal bath. It has endless benefits and dermatologists also agree with it. Joshua Zeichner, a renowned dermatologist is of the opinion that oatmeal bath has been being used in the field of skin care as it has soothing moisturizing benefits. Gary Goldenberg, a famous MD is of the opinion that it has anti-inflammatory properties and therefore, it is effective for itchy skin.
Well, it does not matter whether you have a skin problem or not, you can take an oatmeal bath on a regular basis. It can help you to keep your skin in a good shape. Most people do not know how to take an oatmeal bath properly. If you are one of them, you will not have to worry. Here, we have elaborated everything that you need for having an oatmeal bath. So, have a look at the following points:
The ingredients that you need are as follows.
- Food processor or coffee grinder.
- 1 cup of instant oats. You can go with unflavored and organic oats.
- A tub.
- Warm water.
- If you want a creamy texture, you can add goat’s milk and almond.
The process is elaborated below.
- First of all, you will have to put the oats in a food blender or grinder. After grounding it very well, keep it in a bowl.
- Now, fill the tub with warm water and add the grounded oats to it. Now, keep it there for 10 minutes to 15 minutes. After that, you will have to sit in your tub. Sit there for at least 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
- After that remove some water from the tub and rub your skin very well.
- Then, dry yourself using a towel and apply skin moisturizer.
Oatmeal bath has endless benefits. We have added some of them below.
- It can improve your cardiac health.
- If you are suffering from constipation, it can give you the ultimate relief.
- Oatmeal bath improves your immunity power and it can also treat hypertension.
- It enhances bone health and sleep quality.
- An oatmeal bath can treat itchy and dry skin.
- It brightens as well as moisturizes your skin.
- It also works as a natural cleanser.
- An oatmeal bath can protect your skin from pollution.
- An oatmeal bath can help you to get rid of the dandruff problem.
- It enhances the hair appearance and you will be able to get rid of hair loss problems.
So, this is how you can make an oatmeal bath. We have also highlighted the benefits and therefore, we hope that you would definitely start taking an oatmeal bath.