If you are into sports where a lot of running and sprinting are required, you have definitely experienced a hamstrings problem. It has become a major concern for many people nowadays. Well, there are three muscles in the back part of our thigh. These are called hamstrings. These muscles are responsible for flexing or bending our knees. If you are a tennis or soccer player, you will suffer from hamstrings tightness.
Such a thing also happens in the case of running and dancing. It is very important to keep the hamstring muscles loose. Otherwise, you will have to deal with a hamstring injury and hamstring tightness. In the case of a hamstring injury, you must consult with your doctor to evaluate it instead of treating this at home.
Benefits of Hamstring Flexibility
If you can keep your hamstrings flexible, you will get endless benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- Prevent physical injury.
- You will get rid of low back pain.
- Flexible hamstring muscles will enhance your overall athletic performance.
- Muscle soreness will also be decreased.
Well, there are several exercises through which you can make your hamstring muscles flexible. We have added some of them here.
Simple Hamstring Stretch
A simple hamstring stretch can keep your muscles flexible. We have explained the steps below.
- First of all, you will have to sit on the floor stretching the legs forward.
- Now, extend your arms forward as much as possible. You will have to keep your knees straight.
- Keep yourself in this position for at least 20 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Now, go back to the starting position. Repeat this step three times to achieve the desired result.
Standing Hamstring Stretch
Standing hamstring stretch is another simple exercise that you can do to keep your hamstring muscles flexible. We have explained how you can do this.
- Put your right foot in front of the left while standing. It is like putting yourself in a crisscross position.
- Then, bend forward and extend your arms.
- Touch the ground and keep your knees straight.
- You will have to hold this position for at least 30 seconds.
- Then go back to the starting position and relax. Then, put your left foot in front of the right foot and follow the steps.
The flexibilities of your hamstrings muscles depend upon the type of stretch you are doing. Here, we have added examples of static stretches where you will have hold your position for a few seconds. You need to do these after working out. On the other side, you can do a dynamic stretch. Dynamic stretch indicates warming your muscles before getting into any heavy exercise. So, we hope that this article would be helpful for you.